Skip to main content

Chicken Gravy with Coconut


WELCOME TO RAEIMA'S PASSION


                    In Kanyakumari, we add coconut in most of the recipes and taste comes out awesome, especially chicken gravy 😋. Chicken gravy with coconut well suits with Aapam, Rice varieties, Idly, Parrotta, Chapati, Biriyani, Ghee rice, etc.

                     In my childhood days, I asked my mom to make this gravy and ate more appam or idly with this gravy. Now, this recipe is my daughter's favorite🙂 and always she chooses the drumstick 🍗 part in the gravy.

For more chicken recipes, please check the below link.

For more Info, Please go through below links,

      • For more Veg Recipes, please click the Veg Varieties from Cooking and Craft in the sidebar.
      • For more Non-Veg Recipes, please click the Non-Veg varieties from Cooking and Craft in the sidebar.    
      • For all recipes, please click the Cooking button on my home page.
      • For all info about my blog, please click the Sitemap button on my home page.

INGREDIENTS:

    1. Chicken -700g
    2. Coconut-1/2 cup shredded
    3. Onion-2 medium size
    4. Tomato-2 medium size
    5. Curry Leaves- 2 Spring(I used dry leaves)
    6. Fennel seeds -1tsp
    7. Cinnamon-1 stick
    8. Cardamom-2 nos
    9. Cloves-2nos
    10. Star anise-1 nos
    11. Chilli Powder-2 tsp
    12. Coriander powder-1 1/2 tsp
    13. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
    14. Pepper whole or Pepper powder-1 tsp
    15. Coconut oil-1 tbsp
    16. Salt as per taste
    17. Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp

INSTRUCTIONS:

    1. Add coconut oil in the pan, temper masalas(fennel seeds, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, clove, curry leaves) once it's hot.
    2. Add onion and saute well until it looks translucent.
    3. Add tomato and saute well until it became mushy.
    4. Add shredded coconut and roast well until it changed to brown color.
    5. Add chili powder, coriander powder, whole pepper in the pan and saute well until the raw smell goes off.
    6. Grind the mixture once it's cool down.
    7. In the pan, add marinated chicken pieces with turmeric and ginger garlic paste.
    8. Add grounded masala, 1 cup of water, and salt as per taste in the pan.
    9. Close the lid and cook the chicken in ten minutes.
    10. Garnish with curry leaves (here I used dried curry leaves but I prefer fresh leaves gives a good texture).

INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES:

Add coconut oil in the pan, temper masalas(fennel seeds, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, clove, curry leaves) once it's hot.
Add onion and saute well until it looks translucent.
Add tomato and saute well until it became mushy.
Add shredded coconut and roast well until it changed to brown color.
Add chili powder, coriander powder, pepper whole in the pan. 
Saute well until the raw smell goes off.
Grind the mixture, once it's cool down.
In the pan, add marinated chicken pieces with turmeric and ginger garlic paste.
Add grounded masala in the pan and saute well.
Add required salt and 1 cup of water in the pan.
Close the lid and cook the chicken in ten minutes.
Garnish with curry leaves ( here I used dried curry leaves but I prefer fresh leaves gives a good texture).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

How to make an Ambulance Car using Cardboard Box/என்ன அட்டைப்பெட்டியில் கார் பண்ணலாமா?

WELCOME TO RAEIMA'S PASSION                                    In my daughter's school, they conduct the event to make an Emergency vehicle within   two weeks using a Cardboard box; they provided all required items such as cardboard box, chart paper, glue. First, I thought it is difficult to make a vehicle and I don't have any idea, but my daughter insists me to make an emergency vehicle for her class.                                                                         Hmm! I started searching in the scratch and got ideas, but the challenge is we need to make the vehicle using their provided items. Luckily, I got one large rectangular and a small square cardb...

How to make Vegetable Biriyani using Pressure Cooker

      WELCOME TO RAEIMA'S PASSION                                                                                    Whenever I heard "Biriyani" sound, the first thing is comes in my mind is "Chicken 🐔 or Mutton Biriyani" . Hmm! Then Vegetable Biryani?, "Ha Ha!" The Vegetable Biriyani is a top-notch dish in the vegetarian recipes.                                                   Vegetable Biriyani prepared by basmati rice, spices, mint, mixed vegetables such as carrot, beans, cauliflower, green peas, capsicum and soya chunks. Wow, the taste was outstand...

How to make a spicy chicken kothu parotta

  WELCOME TO RAEIMA'S PASSION!!!                                                             Whenever I go to the hotel, First I ordered Kothu parotta and chili chicken for two reasons. The first reason is the taste was fabulous, and the second one is the way of making this dish. Mostly, in my native, they prepare this recipe on the outside only such as "Using two big ladle, the master stir-fried the shredded parrota with egg, onion, tomato, chicken curry, and some spices". Wow! I feel more energetic to hear the sound as "ta-tat-ta-tat-ta...", in that all spices mixed with parotta pieces, hmm! There is no word to explain it.                                              ...